Within 3 months of taking up education, doctoral students shall be assigned a supervisor or supervisors.
A supervisor or supervisors or supervisor and auxiliary supervisor are assigned by the Discipline Council taking into consideration the declaration of a potential supervisor submitted during the recruitment process and doctoral student’s request.
A supervisor can be a person who:
- holds a postdoctoral degree or the title of professor,
- has had significant scientific achievements in the last 5 years, including scientific publications in journals recognized in a given discipline and/or implemented original design, construction or technological solutions or those in the field of art,
- is active in an international environment, including research mobility,
- has experience in managing or documented participation in research projects obtained through national or international competitions,
- does not meet the requirement 1) above and is employed at the foreign university or scientific institution and the appropriate Discipline Council has recognized that he/she has significant achievements in the field of scientific issues covered by the doctoral dissertation and meets the conditions 2) and 4).
Auxiliary supervisor may be a person who holds a degree of doctor and has scientific achievements related to the research topic of the doctoral dissertation.
According to the Regulations concerning granting degree of doctor at University, change of a supervisor or supervisors, or supervisor and auxiliary supervisor shall be carried out by the appropriate Discipline Council, by way of resolution, at the justified request of a doctoral student or a supervisor.