Registration of candidates for the Doctoral School for the academic year 2021/2022: from June 15, 2021 to July 31, 2021.
GO TO THE RECRUITMENT SYSTEM> (will be launched on June 15, 2021).
- Candidates are required to get acquainted with the binding Regulations.
- Admission to the Poznan University of Technology Doctoral School (DS) is carried out in the following scientific disciplines within the limits given.
- List of available research topics
- Recruitment schedule
- Candidates send required documents via PUT online admission system (the admission system will be launched when the recruitment starts):
- Documents confirming qualifications:
- a university diploma with a supplement or
- a university graduation certificate or
- a university diploma or a certificate obtained abroad that entitles its holder to undertake doctoral studies in the country of issue:
- with an apostille if the country of issue is a party to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 abolishing the requirement of legalization for foreign public documents (Journal of Laws of 2005, no. 112, item 938) or
- with a legalization certificate in all other cases – such legalization is done by Polish consular offices in the country which issued the diploma;
- a transcript (a grade report) that entitles its holder to undertake doctoral studies together with an official grading scale. If such a scale is not shown in the transcript, it should be confirmed by the university the student graduated from;
- A resume containing personal data with a course of education and/or employment;
- A cover letter containing a short description of interests, scientific achievements, a list of publications, information about scientific activities taken by the candidate (membership in scientific clubs, participation in scientific conferences, internships and trainings, awards and distinctions), other achievements and reasons for undertaking doctoral studies;
- A declaration in which the candidate chooses research topic together with a consent from a potential PhD thesis advisor (Attachment no. 1 Declaration of research topic choice), in the case of candidates recruiting within:
- Documents confirming qualifications:
- discipline limit – the research topic is selected from the available list;
- the “Industrial Doctoral” program – the research topic is specified in the application to the Ministry of Science and Higher Education;
- other projects – the research topic agree with the issues defined in the content of the project;
- Description of proposed individual research plan proving the ability to implement the research topic chosen (Attachment no. 2 Description of a proposed individual research plan);
- A photograph in a digital format (JPG, TIF, BMP or PNG), which the candidate is required to upload to the admission system and that meets the requirements for issuing ID cards/passports;
- In addition, in case of foreigners entered on the list of doctoral students, the following additional documents are required upon arrival at the Poznan University of Technology:
- a document confirming that the stay in Poland is legal,
- a proof of health insurance.
The documents must be in Polish or English or must be translated into Polish or English by a certified translator or an equivalent in the country of issue.
The candidate who is on the list of students admitted to the Poznan University of Technology Doctoral School or obtains information about conditional entry, has to submit one set of documents packed in an A4 white document folder with strings at Poznan University of Technology Doctoral School located at Piotrowo 3 in Poznan. The description of the folder that is printed together with the application must be glued to the cover page of the folder. The candidate is required to submit original documents. PUT will make free copies of the diploma and transcripts and will certify them. Therefore, there is no need to bring copies of documents.
Additionally, the candidate is required to submit:
- an ID card or a passport (for review, in order to verify personal data),
- (if applicable) a disability certificate (for review, in order to certify it).
The candidate is not obliged to submit the documents concerning acceptance into Doctoral School personally. However, the documents should be delivered in its original form in order to certify them or should be notarized.
It is possible to mail the documents, but they have to be delivered prior to the deadline. In such a case, the candidate has to make sure that the file contains all necessary documents together with a notarized copy of the diploma and transcript.
Szkoła Doktorska Politechniki Poznańskiej
ul. Piotrowo 3 (pok. 7)
- The second stage of admission – interview
The date, place and time of the interview will be available in the admission system and will be published on PUT website under the “Doctoral School” tab. The date of online interview will be arranged individually with each candidate via e-mail.
- The person admitted to the doctoral school begins education and acquires PhD student rights at the moment of oath taking. Date and place of oath-taking will be announced at a later date.
- English is the language of instruction in the Poznan University of Technology Doctoral School.