Registration of candidates for the Doctoral School for the academic year 2020/2021: from June 15, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
1. Candidates are required to get acquainted with the binding University Senate Resolution.
5. Candidates send required documents via PUT online admission system (the admission system will be launched when the recruitment starts).
- document confirming qualifications:
- a university diploma with supplement or
- a university graduation certificate or
- a university diploma or a certificate obtained abroad that entitles its holder to undertake doctoral studies in the country of issue
- with apostille if a country of issue is a party to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 abolishing the requirement of legalization for foreign public documents (Journal of Laws of 2005, no. 112, item 938) or
- with legalization certificate in all other cases – legalization is done by Polish consular office in the country of diploma issue
- a transcript (a grade report) that entitles its holder to undertake doctoral studies together with official grading scale. If such a scale it is not shown in the transcript, it should be confirmed by the university the student graduated from,
- a resume containing personal data with course of education and/or employment,
- a cover letter containing short description of interests, scientific achievements, list of publications, information about scientific activity involvement (scientific clubs membership, scientific conferences participation, internships and trainings, awards and distinctions), other achievements and reasons for undertaking doctoral studies,
- a declaration in which the candidate chooses an available research topic listed together with a consent from a potential PhD thesis advisor (Annex 1 – Declaration of research topic choice),
- description of proposed individual research plan proving the ability to implement the research topic chosen (Annex 2 – Description of a proposed individual research plan),
- a photograph in a digital format (JPG, TIF, BMP or PNG), which a candidate is required to upload to admission system and that meets the requirements for ID card/passport issuing
- in addition, in case of foreigners entered on the list of doctoral students, the following additional documents are required upon arrival at the Poznan University of Technology:
- a document confirming that the stay in Poland is legal,
- a proof of health insurance in one of the following forms:
- Medical insurance policy for the period of study in Poland
- European Health Insurance Card
- Public health insurance as understood by the Act of August 27, 2004 on health insurance services financed by public funds (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1510 with further amendments)
- Proof of insurer’s cover of medical costs in the territory of the Republic of Poland to the minimal amount of €30 000 valid for the duration of a planned stay in Poland to cover any expenses that may arise during this stay due to the necessity of a return trip for medical reasons, medical emergency, emergency hospital treatment or death, in which the insurer undertakes to cover the costs of health services rendered to the policy-holder paid directly to the entity providing such services pursuant to the invoice issued
The documents must be in Polish or English language or must be translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator or equivalent in the country of issue.
The candidate who is on the list of students admitted to the Poznan University of Technology Doctoral School or obtains information about conditional entry, has to submit one set of documents packed in an A4 white document folder with strings at Poznan University of Technology Integrated Assistance Center, located at Piotrowo 3 room 13 in Poznań. The description of the folder that is printed together with the application must be glued to the cover page of the folder. The candidate is required to submit original documents. PUT will make free copies of the diploma and transcrips and will certify them. Therefore, there is no need to bring copies of documents.
Additionally, a candidate is required to submit:
- an ID card or passport (for review, in order to verify personal data correctness)
- (if applicable) disability certificate (for review, in order to certify it)
The candidate is not obliged to submit the documents concerning acceptance into doctoral school personally. However, the documents should be delivered in its original form in order to certify them or should be notarized.
It is possible to mail the documents, but they have to be delivered prior to the deadline. In such a case, the candidate has to make sure that the file contains all necessary documents together with a notarized copy of the diploma and transcript.
Zintegrowane Centrum Obsługi Politechniki Poznańskiej
ul. Piotrowo 3 room 13
6. 2nd stage of admission – interview
The date, place and time of the interview will be available in the admission system and will be published on PUT website under the “Doctoral School” tab. The date of online interview will be arranged individually with each candidate via e-mail.
7. The person admitted to the doctoral school begins education and acquires PhD student rights at the moment of oath taking. Date and place of oath-taking will be announced at a later date.
8. English is the language of instruction in the Poznan University of Technology Doctoral School.