Within 3 months of taking up education, doctoral students shall be assigned a supervisor or supervisors.
A supervisor or supervisors or supervisor and auxiliary supervisor are assigned by the Discipline Council taking into consideration the declaration of a potential supervisor submitted during the recruitment process and doctoral student’s request.
A supervisor can be a person who:
1. holds at least a postdoctoral degree,
2. has had significant scientific achievements in the last 5 years, including scientific publications in journals recognized in a given discipline and/or implemented original design, construction or technological solutions or those in the field of art,
3. is active in an international environment, including research mobility,
4. has experience in managing or documented participation in research projects obtained through national or international competitions,
5. does not meet the requirement 1) above and is employed at the foreign university or scientific institution and the appropriate Discipline Council has recognized that he/she has significant achievements in the field of scientific issues covered by the doctoral dissertation and meets the conditions 2) and 4).
Auxiliary supervisor may be a person who holds a degree of doctor and has scientific achievements related to the research topic of the doctoral dissertation.
According to the Regulations concerning granting degree of doctor at University, change of a supervisor or supervisors, or supervisor and auxiliary supervisor shall be carried out by the appropriate Discipline Council, by way of resolution, at the justified request of a doctoral student or a supervisor.